follow me
HostFission
Community Project

Author Topic: Unclear on clan status.  (Read 12920 times)

Ricky Wong

Unclear on clan status.
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »
G'day. I may have been a little confused today, but are clan members allowed to engage and shoot each other on sight? I was under the understanding that lrrp was a kind of group.
Either way, all good. Just wanted to clarify.

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Stay a LRRP, stay alive!

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Unclear on clan status.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:43:38 am »
Well, if you're confused, I'm doubly so.. what is this referring to and when did this occur? Which server, and who was involved?

Yesterday, the only server I recall LRRP being on was an epoch/origins server we've been playing on. There were only 3 of us on at the time: myself, Wolf and Blaster. I don't recall engaging anyone at all yesterday, let alone ourselves.

Like I said, I need a lot more information to try and address your concern because frankly, I haven't the faintest idea what you are referring to.

Ricky Wong

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »
Oh, I was just murdered by Clodbum on the Takistan server. I noticed we are both members of the same clan and wanted to know if I was allowed to enact revenge or not. This occured just before my OP.

Coupla side questions:

- Is there any way to slightly increase the build limit within the 30m plot area (only need to build about 10 more things before base is finished)?
- We've noticed serious lag problems a few hours before reset. Do you think 12 hour restarts would help?

...and I thought I should bring to your attention:

Dropping certain vehicles from an airlift seems to make the choppers explode, particularly Urals. I've lost a Blackhawk and a Ural I was trying to sell, while a friend (non-member - HaGGuS) has lost 4 LBs that he owned, plus a huey, a Mi17 and various ground vehicles. Is this a problem you get with the Chenaurus server?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:42:32 pm by Ricky Wong »

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »
Though Clodbum is registered on the forums as well as yourself, he is not a LRRP clan member. There is a difference between registered users and LRRP members. You can easily tell because we use ARMAII's squad .xml feature and LRRP members are all tagged as such with the squad.xml. As far as anyone goes with regards to pvp, anyone is fair game. So by all means, enact revenge. Totally fine by any of us and would be what we'd do.

As far as increasing the build limit, LRRP will definitely discuss this. This is a pretty good idea actually; will get back to you once we've all had a chance to discuss it.
12-Hour restarts as well.

As far as dropping vehicles... well... if you release the vehicle close to land, it's fine. If you drop them from too high a height, boom. It isn't a problem nor do we see it as one. If you were to drop a large vehicle from too high a height in real life, it would have a similar effect. That said, first time I dropped a vehicle, the same thing happened (lost a Ural, Fuel Truck and UAZ).. but if you release the vehicle close to ground level (or with the tires just above or below land) it works okay. I have seen some servers disable it (cause of griefing possibilities), others with it active - we prefer it active since it is a bit more realistic that way. Bases are OFF LIMITS to griefing, so vehicles can't be used as bombs!

Hope this helps and addresses at least some of your concerns.

Wolf

• LRRP

• Personal Text
    Do you still believe??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:27:33 pm »
also about air lifting vehicles make sure that what ever your towing is not too close to the heli or it may crash into it and blow it up i found that out the hard way
 :P

Ricky Wong

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »
This has all been extremely valuable information and my concerns have been addressed. Thank you. :D
(Bwahahahaha! :P ).
So, what is involved in becoming a full clan member? Just curious.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner of HostFission and LRRP founder
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 01:08:01 pm »
Play with us, get on our TS3 server, let us get to know you, and if we feel you are a good fit we will invite you to join. The only disqualification from consideration is if you are less then 18 years of age.

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »
I also PM'd a few details as well..  so, if you guys are interested, hop in TS.