follow me
HostFission
Community Project

Author Topic: Mod suggestions for the server  (Read 13109 times)

Paganism

Mod suggestions for the server
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »
The suggestions of mods that i have are the following.

BigReactors = Allows you to make reactors which are multiblock structures and can give out alot of power. The reactors also give out RF.

SimplyJetpacks = A jetpack mod that gives you a small set off jetpacks that aren't Overpowered or to easy to make.

ExtraUtilities = A mod which gives you an smoother start. It adds generators which can be fueled by alot of diffrent things. There is even a pork generator.

JABBA = This is a mod which allows you to create barrels that can store a certain amount of items. These barrels can also be upgraded for more storages, this mods also adds Dollys which allows you to move around chests and barrels while they are fully loaded with items.

These are just suggestions so i don't expect them to be added, i will also add links to these mods if needed. :)

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner of HostFission and LRRP founder
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
Re: Mod suggestions for the server
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:22:04 pm »
1) BigReactors - I will read up on the mod and do some testing, but I see no reason not to add this. Does this add new ore types? if so it will have to wait until a world regen (not likely).

2) Not sure I like this idea, we already have flans mod which adds things like helicopters.

3) I do not see the need for this, we have EnderIO which gives some nice basic generators that make a decent amount of RF, and later scale up to high energy.

4) I looked at this one a while back and decided to not add it as we have Iron chests which give the extra storage without being OP, once you exceed this you should look at digital storage using Applied Energestics 2, a simple ME Chest with power and a drive would do what you are asking.

Juggy

• Administrator

• Stay A LRRP, Stay Alive!

• Personal Text
    If it was a good idea, it was my idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:46:38 pm »
I personally would like to see Big Reactors because of the fact it adds more. It doesn't matter if we have something that can make power. Its extra features that help make games more interesting. Kinda like Plenty O' Biomes and BiblioCraft. They're both pretty much useless, but it adds more stuff to dork around with and helps keep interest. Not to mention I'd personally love to make one of those huge reactors again.

Paganism

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:48:13 am »
The BigReactors does add one ore that i am aware of, it's called Yellowrite ore which is used to power the reactors.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:49:37 am »
The BigReactors does add one ore that i am aware of, it's called Yellowrite ore which is used to power the reactors.

This could prevent us from using this mod as world gen has already occured and a large area of the world has been explored.

Juggy

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:22:22 pm »
This could prevent us from using this mod as world gen has already occured and a large area of the world has been explored.

Could help us explore more instead of sitting at our base.

I'd also like to request a restart when the server is fully available for release. This way we start with players and have to actually worry about other people. Rather than us currently becoming powerful, then attacking noobs. :S

Juggy

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »
That, and so we don't get bored before everything's set. :s

Paganism

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 12:53:57 am »
Juggy does have a good point, would want the nwer players to feel like we are so far ahead that we're to big a of a threat and then not wanting to PVP.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 05:50:43 pm »
Juggy does have a good point, would want the nwer players to feel like we are so far ahead that we're to big a of a threat and then not wanting to PVP.

We can make a new world for that, no need to restart. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Just FYI: Big reactors is certainly on my list of mods to add.

anything