follow me
HostFission
Community Project

Author Topic: New player trolled?  (Read 13065 times)

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
New player trolled?
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »
I'm a relatively new player on this server and I go by the name of Coraline Shnell. I've been working for the better part of the day setting up my farm, going hunting ect. However, I was still new enough that I had not placed a claim on my land. I had been given my starting gold by a GM earlier this afternoon. Like a moron, I stored it in my hut in a bark box. I was off getting rocks and while I was coming back down I saw someone fleeing from my farm. He had stolen everything from my boxes including the starting gold. I started talking to general chat, asking what to do, when the bandit came back. He started taunting me OOC and making fun of my "noob-ness". I asked him to return just the gold and he logged out. I think he was just running around stealing crap to steal crap. He was a wearing the newbie rags, like mine. Like a moron, I forgot to get the persons name and forgot to take a screen shot.

Now, I expect stealing in this game, but the starting gold is another matter entirely. I cannot easily generate money, just starting out. So, another player by the name of Richard Campbell informs me that I should post here to see if I can get some help.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner of HostFission and LRRP founder
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
Re: New player trolled?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 12:26:35 pm »
Hi,

This behaviour is completely non RP and you are correct to complain, but unfortunatly unless you can provide the player's name there is very little we can do. I too am the victim of someone raiding my equipment but unfortunatly I have no idea who and as such can do nothing. I am sorry but all I can suggest is that in future, until you get your claim sorted out keep any valuables on your person.

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »
So there's nothing that I can do about the starting gold? I agree on the rest of the equipment (Oh well, should have paid more attention), but the starting gold was given through direct GM intervention. There's no way to earn it back but through player trade (and puts me at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone else on the server).

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »
I just want to make this clear, I am not asking for my equipment back. I'm just asking for my starting gold, the starting gold that all new players get, back.

Juggy

• Administrator

• Stay A LRRP, Stay Alive!

• Personal Text
    If it was a good idea, it was my idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »
I'm Mark Maletski. (GM) Do you have any idea who the guy was? Any names or anything? We can refund the gold but we'd like to remove the guy from the server..

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 01:00:21 pm »
Unfortunately, the first time I saw him he was too far away to get a name. The second time, I was angry and unfocused. I tried to beg him for my stuff back and he taunted me. I wasn't thinking long term.

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 01:13:04 pm »
There is one thing, when the guy logged off the first thing I did was write to the chat and say "The guy came back and trolled me". If you can get a chat log and check the time stamp you might be able to see who logged off at that moment.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 11:09:23 pm »
There is one thing, when the guy logged off the first thing I did was write to the chat and say "The guy came back and trolled me". If you can get a chat log and check the time stamp you might be able to see who logged off at that moment.

Unfortunatly LIF doesn't log the chat on the server, we are working to address this but without some evidence from you there is nothing we can do at current I am sorry.

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »
So, he logged back in. We were keeping an eye on the spot he logged off in. I walked up to him and asked him if he's the one who stole my gold. He didn't say anything but opened the trade window and put in all the starting gold. Then he ran off. It was the same face, hair, and beard. This time, I got a screenshot.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »
Thanks but to be honest the evidence provided is a little late to the game and can be challenged by the other party. We will still follow this up though and make sure Nico fully understands the server rules and that if he is caught failing to abide by them his steam account will be banned from the server.

MyNameIsDave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »
Ok just wanted to follow up.