follow me
HostFission
Community Project

Author Topic: Server Status updates?  (Read 11718 times)

Sirvirtuo

• Personal Text
    Virt is the word~
    • View Profile
Server Status updates?
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:32 am »
So, recently, it would appear there is something going on with the server at this time.  I know this due to a constant 0/64 players whenever I log into the server.  If players stopped playing for any reason, such as game breaking bugs, everyone is in MMO, or a possible server wipe -- I wonder if any of or all the players will return once the issues are resolved. 

Can there be information on server status?  I assume it is still up and running for a reason, but as it is now, it is barren.

I like the server (incredibly stable, and well moderated), and i like the players.  Need my LIF fix O_o.

8/18/2016

PS:  If this thread gets answered, and or it is no longer needed/wanted, please feel free to delete it.  I would appreciate a word though, as I would like to meld more into this community.

AKA:  Victis Calaril
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:18:05 am by Sirvirtuo »

Juggy

• Administrator

• Stay A LRRP, Stay Alive!

• Personal Text
    If it was a good idea, it was my idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Server Status updates?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 09:35:45 am »
When we opened Isle Of Albion, we wanted to have more strict RP. However, with LIF's current state, most of the required tools prevent that. (Unless you have like, 20 GMs.)

With the help of [LRRP] Gnif and some new [LRRP] Members, we're comfortable with pushing to make a more serious RP server. We have chatlogs and other interesting tools. I'm no longer helping with the LIF project so I can't really say much.. Any questions should be directed towards Cewhit and Shao.

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Stay a LRRP, stay alive!

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »
We are right now in the process of redesigning the server. The server is going to be wiped this Friday (8/19). It will be temporarily locked while a spawn town is created and the two kingdoms are developed. We are redesigning this server to be more heavy RP. The lore, histories, religions, new server rules, economy etc. have all been written. New GM events have been planned and everything has been centered at developing a more long term gameplay. Elements have been designed to keep people interested even after their 'guilds' have been established. All this information will be added this weekend both here on the forums and in the steam group; we've been working on this for the last couple of weeks. Two 'kings' have been selected (both of whom are not GMs by the way). A lord mayor for the Port of Albion (spawn town) has also been elected (once again, also not a GM). GMs will be present to monitor global chat, which is to be used for GM requests/rules help, and to provide tech support.

The server hasn't gone away, nor will it. It is just in a transitional phase!  :D I'm actually looking forward to this new version of the server. It promises to have a lot more RP and a lot more long term playability!

Sirvirtuo

• Personal Text
    Virt is the word~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 03:50:08 pm »
THAT, is something to look forward to  ;D.  Just hope I can get in on it soon.  Got that itch I'm in need of scratching, and nothin else to do on this rainy weekend.  Glad to have found this server (first one i logged in on, haha) hope it becomes something real good.

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 12:51:19 am »
Me too!! We got a few guys right now working on the towns and kingdoms. The bridge between the island (Port of Albion) and the mainland is being built. We have a few scripts that we need to re-implement. It's coming together - I'm chomping at the bit to get going too!! Hopefully the new server rules, histories, etc will be released soon. I'm letting the Server's Operations Manager handle the release of the information. The regional history and attention to detail is really something - reading through it makes it even more difficult to be patient!!

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 04:27:45 am »
New server rules and information are up on the forums and steam group. The server is going to open today in just a few hours' time.

anything