Games > Life Is Feudal: Your Own [RP]

Isle of Albion - Lore

(1/1)

CewHit76:
The Island is located in the Mediterranean sea, far from any usual trade routes between the Empires, the Isle of Albion is a time forgotten landmass rich in resources and lands to cultivate.

It was discovered in 1002 by accident when The Great Ventavian Empire’s trading fleet on a mission to Andjisong Khanate got sent off course by a storm and nearly wrecked on the island. It got its name there and then as a lowly deck scrub named Albion spotted the landmass barely in time to avoid collision.

Upon reporting the discovery to the Emperor Rufus Ventavius the Bold, a mission was sent to explore and settle on the island. It was soon discovered that Albion sat within the raiding radius of a nearby pirate island. After the loss of several trade convoys to piracy, funding a large enough fleet to protect the trade convoys was not deemed profitable. 

A small dockside with a fishing hamlet was settled and then quickly forgotten and left to its own devices. Eventually the report itself found its way among nobility and slowly spread through the general populace through stories and intrigue. Rumours emerged of some who embarked there on their own to find a better, more independent life for themselves.

Some found favour and fortune on Albion. The hamlet prospered. Over time, a bustling, independent trade port emerged. Calling itself quite simply the Port of Albion, it developed connections with some daring merchants who travel there regularly to offer their excess stock and coin for exchange.

As knowledge of the island spreads, more and more people make their way to it to start anew, drawn by the new land outside of the influence of the empires.

Known ‘nearby’ empires

The Great Ventavian Empire   -   Full Lore

•Great power in the region that rose out of the ashes of Akkinean empire after its fall.

•It’s capital Ventava is extremely rich in trade, coin and culture.

•Similar to Roman empire.

•Dominant race is Gottlung, but all races are present more or less

•Main religion is Hellenism based

Skralinov Confederacy   -   Full Lore

•Rising power in the north founded from tribal remnants of the Slavard folk

•Capital Skralinov is doing relatively well for itself

•Think Vikings if they joined together

•Almost solely Slavard in terms of race

•Main religion is Norse based

Andjisong Khanate   -   Full Lore

•Prosperous and relatively calm empire in the south

•Capital Kyomesong is a beautiful merge of cultures and rich trade

•Think Mongols and Chinese adjoined

•Majority race is Khoor

•Main religion is the Heavenly Mandate

Founding Settlements

Port of Albion

•Leader: Shaokar Wilder

•Lore:
•First settled in the year 1005 by Ventavian Empire as ordered by the Emperor. Started off as a dock-site warehouse for logistical goods for the explorers, slowly became a small port village. Soon after a large pirate presence was discovered and raids for the carefully scheduled transport fleets became regular. The Empire cut their losses and focused on internal issues instead, leaving the Isle of Albion and whoever got stranded there to their own devices.

•The Port of Albion struck a hasty deal with the pirates at first, where in exchange for regular donations of produce, mainly food and alcohol, as well as weaponry, the Port was allowed to develop and flourish. Few years onward the location of the island became known enough that people bought passage with merchant ships and started finding their fortune and future on the Island. Some of the merchant ships decided to try their luck in the treacherous waters and visit occasionally to unload their spare stock and exchange it for something they can easily sell on the mainland. Thus came about the true age of prosperity for the Port of Albion and sir Wilder.

Purpose:
•Landing zone for new players
•Trade connection to the empires
•GM trade zone for buying/selling items and materials
•Zone for introducing people to the workings of Albion
•Most developed settlement
•Neutral in terms of Islands politics
•Place for GM events

Valenstrad (North)

•Leader: Thirsk EyVaskr

•Lore:
•The people of Valenstrad pray to the God Víðarr, however welcome men and women of all races and faiths. Thirsk EyVaskr came to Albion to seek new lands to call his own with the the best people he had left, willing to follow from his homeland.
•Thirsk being a True Northman, claimed the lands of Northern Albion, declared Kingship of the Northern region and aims to treat his people with due respect, provided they earn it.

-        “To those who wish to settle In northern lands, I proclaim Kingship of these lands, name them Sigrún and ask for your oath that you will serve me and my house when called upon, for this I will grant Titles to those who prove their worth to the kingdom. I will Be forming a council and ask for representatives from every group who settle within my lands. I will seek justice to those who break the law in a court of justice. I wish to foster trade and goodwill among the people of the north. To these things I swear under the ever watching Eyes of the God Víðarr"

Acropolis (South)

•Leader: Agnar Yostad

•Lore:
•The people of Acropolis, who pray to the god Azros, follow Agnar Yostad who has settled in Albion after seeking new lands to expand his father's reign from a far away land.  After war ravaged his homeland and almost vanquished his people, it was the only sensible route to take.
•With the iron and gold rich soils of Albion, Agnar has decided that the Southern region of Albion would bid fair for his new home.  He has declared Kingship of the southern region and has sworn an by oath to treat all his people with dignity and respect.

-    “To those who come to settle these lands, now here this!  I proclaim Kingship of these lands and name them as Sovereign Kingdom of Ruytan. Where I vouch to protect any clan that settles within these lands.  I will also enact swift justice to those who break the law and cause undue hardship upon other settlers!  I swear this on the name of my father.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version