follow me
HostFission
Community Project

Author Topic: Good Bye  (Read 32510 times)

Warrior

Good Bye
« on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »
First I would like to say I've enjoyed my stay as a LRRP member and I am said that I had to leave unwillingly.

I would like to leave on a good note and not on a bad one.

I was told that I had acted like a "dick" all the time during the Origins server.
I was also told that my attitude wasn't great either.

I would like to apologize to anyone I offended and/or upset I never intended to do any of that
If I was a jerk, dick, or had a bad attitude towards someone I would like to know what it was that I did in order to
be kicked out of LRRP so I can fix it.

I also understand that this is a 18+ group but I thought since I was aloud to join the group that it wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you all for the fun I've had playing games with you I enjoyed every bit of it.

Goodbye,
Logan.

gnif

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner of HostFission and LRRP founder
    • View Profile
    • HostFission
Re: Good Bye
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »
Thanks for taking it well mate. You are still welcome on the public LRRP servers as well as these forums, and if we are still around as a clan when you are of age, and want in, we will re-evaluate your status.

CewHit76

• Administrator

• Stay a LRRP, stay alive!

• Personal Text
    LRRP Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »
I must say as well that I appreciate your understanding and response to this. Now if this was the sort of behavior you brought to the group and maintained, well... I doubt this thread would exist right now.

You asked a specific question about what was done regarding your behavior. Well, I will tell you (not to be a dick in anyway, but hopefully to take something from the experience and like you said, learn from it). First of all, you are a fairly competitive individual. That isn't a bad thing per say; however, the constant trying to 'one-up' others isn't necessarily conducive to a 'team'. For example, I know Wolf is a hell of a sniper. Whenever it comes to a time when a sniper is needed, I let the guy who is most experienced take over. If he needs me to do something to support him as the sniper, then by all means he takes command. I don't feel it is necessary for me to try and take a shot and compromise our position or whatever just to try to show him up. Being competitive prevents you from being a solid team player. ID your strengths, build on them, and then take charge in areas you feel confident in and that others acknowledge your ability in.

With regards to a specific instance I can recall from Origins I would have to refer to the Dead Forest. Trying to outshine Juggy's ability to quickly get in and get out with the Explorer Pack and circuit boards. You managed it a couple times with a lot of assistance/guidance, and then would brag about the achievement (no matter how big or small)to any and all. You don't need to brag, others will see what you've done and word will get around. You don't need to try and force others to respect you - that is earned over time and happens on all its own.

Also, opinions matter. Regarding the DarkRP server, Marcel had a specific idea in mind and you just circumvented it without regard. Though you may have thought you were helping, but by doing something without at least talking with Marcel first about it shows disrespect to him. If there is one thing I am most proud of about LRRP and its current members, though we may disagree with each other from time to time and bicker about some things that are done, we all respect each other. None of us would do anything of the sort. We have an idea, we discuss it. And if your opinion or idea is outweighed for reasons, then well... you just suck it up and move on. For example, a bunch of us want AI on the Epoch server. However, the admin side of things is a nightmare for Geoff so he vetoes it. And he has every right to do so. We may moan and complain a little bit, but we still respect one another. You know what I mean?

So yeah, those are some of my comments. I hope they don't upset you. I'm mentioning all of this with positive intention. And like what Geoff said, if we are still around (I like to think so - haha) in however many years down the road, a reassessment can be done most certainly.

Warrior

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:26:00 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I am sorry for trying to 'one-up' Wolf, Juggy, and whoever else I may have, It was not intended at all.

Regards to the Origins Dead forest ordeal I was saying that in a jokingly manner not meaning to disrespect anyone.

I most likely will not be around in 3 years. If I am I will be sure to reapply.

Thank you Geoff and Clint for the constructive criticism.